Look KEO 2 Max Blade Road Pedals
The Keo 2 Max Blade is made of injection-moulded composite fibreglass material providing cleaner engagement than a Keo 2 Max pedal but less radical than a Keo Blade 2. Two blade versions are offered for 2 different tension levels: version 8 and version 12.
Integrating the blade into the pedal body gives the Keo 2 Max Blade and aerodynamic profile for optimal air flow.
With a 400mm2 stainless steel platform, the Keo 2 Max Blade is positioned between the Keo 2 Max and the Keo Blade 2 providing excellent stability and very good pedalling efficiency. This efficiency is also made possible by permanent cleat-stop contact: the shape of the stops at the rear of the pedal has been designed to fit the shape of the rear of the Keo cleats.
The spindle system used on the Keo 2 Max Blade is the same as that used on the Keo Blade 2: 2 ball bearings and one needle bearing thus ensuring high product reliability, besides passing tests in excess of standards* that LOOK commits to having its products subjected to 2 million cycles at 100 rpm with a 90kg load on the centre of the pedal and eccentric rotation (the standard requiring 100,000 centred rotation cycles with a 65kg load). This is the equivalent of a 1,700 watt sprint by Mark Cavendish at 100 rpm for 333 hours!
The new LOOK spindle’s 14mm thread length enables Q-Factor to be adjusted by 2mm using a special spacer available as a spare part. This increases from 53 to 55mm.
- Use: Road – from Cyclo sport to Competition
- Body & Lever: Composite
- Spindle: Chromoly & Steel
- Thread: 9/16 x 20mm
- Bearings: 2 ball bearing, 1 needle bearing
- Spindle/Sole Height: 14mm
- Pedal/Crank Distance: 53mm
- Cleats:Grey Keo Standard Cleats
- Angular Movement: 0°, 4.5° or 9° depending on cleat type (Black, Grey, Red)
- Weight: 120g (308g per pair with cleats and screws)
- Accessories: One pair of Grey Keo Standard Cleats and fasteners (6 screws 5 x 11mm and 6 washers)